Shakespeare LIVE! How to Book Your Performance
Once you've decided to bring Shakespeare LIVE! to your school or venue, here is the procedure for scheduling and contracting your performance:
Step 1: Decide on possible dates and times for your performance. During the school week, Shakespeare LIVE! typically performs once in the morning (at about 8:30-9:00 a.m.) and once in the afternoon (at about 1:00 p.m.). Having 3-4 possible performance dates in hand when you call or email will expedite the booking process.
Step 2: Email to schedule your performance. Please provide us with the show you wish to book, your preferred dates and times for the performance, and the name and mailing address of the school, as well as your contact information.
Step 3: A contract packet will be e-mailed to you when your performance is confirmed. Each packet includes:
* Performance Contract
* Technical Rider
* Touring Information Form
* Venue Checklist
Step 4: Complete and return the contract paperwork, with your deposit or purchase order, within 2 weeks of booking.
* Sign and return a copy of the Performance Contract.
* Sign and return the Technical Rider.
* Note: The performance contract and the technical rider require the signature of the primary school contact and the school principal.
* Fill out the Touring Information Form completely, including detailed driving directions to your venue from major highways.
* A 25% deposit or a purchase order is required.
Step 5: Return your final payment (as indicated on your contract) at least four weeks prior to the performance, unless paid with a purchace order from the school.
Step 6: Links to study guide materials and programs will be sent out by February prior to your tour date.
Step 7: At least two days before the performance, our Tour Manager will contact you to confirm all details and answer any last-minute questions.
Shakespeare LIVE! Prices
For the Spring 2017 touring season, performance fees are as follows:
- $1,200 per single performance at your school
- $2,100 for 2 performances on the same day (save $200)
Presenters (venues which plan to sell tickets to the performnace) will be charged a higher rate, based on seating capacity and other variables. A $300 surcharge is applied to all evening and weekend performances.
Please email for details.
Travel feels are applicable based on distance from Madison, NJ. Currently, travel fees range from $20-$150 (based on mileage) to New Jersey, eastern Pennsylvania, and southern New York and Connecticut. Additional charges may apply for overnight stays, travel over 150 miles, or for performances on weekends or after 4:00 p.m. on weekdays. Please call 973-845-6742 ot email for a price quote on travel to your school.
For the 2017 touring season, workshop prices are as follows:
- $400 per workshop at your school
Shakespeare All Day Pricing Our Shakespeare All Day package combines the power and vibrancy of our live production with the empowerment of our in-class workshops! Shakespeare All Day starts with a performnace of Shakespeare LIVE!, and is followed by 5 simultaneous workshops for your students (limit 30 students per workshop). The cost for Shakespeare All Day is $2100 (plus travel). A savings of more than 34%!
- 1 Performance (up to 300 students)
- 5 Workshops (up to 30 students per workshop)
Shakespeare LIVE! Technical Requirements
Shakespeare LIVE! is designed for a trouble-free performance in most school venues (stages, gymnasiums, and multi-purpose rooms).
The basic technical requirements for all venues are as follows:
- A level, unobstructed playing area of at least 20' deep by 25' wide by 14' high.
- Adequate lighting throughout the playing area for actor safety.
- A standard electrical outlet, table and chair in the playing area.
- A private, secure room in which actors can change and store their belongings throughout their visit to your venue.
- Bottled drinking water (8-10 bottles) at room temperature.
- The Shakespeare LIVE! assemblyh, including introduction and the post-performance discussion runs 75-90 minutes. Please plan your schedules accordingly.
- The performance space should be exclusively available to Shakespeare LIVE! (i.e. with no classes or meetings taking place) for 60 minutes prior to the performance.
- The floor in the playing area should be swept and/or mopped prior to our arrival.
- Bells, buzzers and announcements should be silenced in the performance space (if possible).
The Shakespeare LIVE! tour manager may delay or cancel a performance, without refund, if he or she deems the actors' safety to be at risk in any way, or if all technical requirements are not met by the scheduled performance time.
Click here to download a sample copy of the Shakespeare LIVE! technical rider, which details all technical requirements for a touring performance. When you book your performance, this rider will be attached to your touring contract.