Directions / Parking
|To the Main Stage: |
F. M. Kirby Shakespeare Theatre
36 Madison Avenue
Madison, NJ 07940
On the campus of Drew University
To the Outdoor Stage:
The Greek Theatre (at Convent Station)
2 Convent Road in Morris Township
Convent Station , NJ 07961
On the campus of The College of St. Elizabeth
To the 3 Vreeland Support Facility:
3 Vreeland Road
Florham Park, NJ 07932
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey's Main Stage — the intimate F.M. Kirby Shakespeare Theatre — is located at 36 Madison Avenue at Lancaster Road, on the campus of Drew University in Madison. It is three miles east of Morristown and easily reached by car or train.
Upon entering the Drew University campus at Lancaster Road: The Tilghman Parking Lot is about 50 yards on the right. The Kirby Theatre is past the guard gate and into the next parking lot (toward the front of the parking lot and on the left).
1) I-287 to Exit 35: At the end of the exit ramp, follow signs for Rt. 124 East (Madison Ave.). Travel three miles and turn right at the Lancaster Road traffic light into the Drew University campus. Proceed as above.
2) From Northwest NJ via I-80 East: To Exit 43 (I-287 South, Morristown). Proceed as #1.
3) From Northern NJ and NYC (GW Bridge) via I-80 West: To Exit 43A (I-287 South, Morristown) Watch signs carefully as I-80 divides before exit—stay to the right in the local lanes. Proceed as #1.
4) From Western NJ and Eastern PA via I-78 East: To Exit 29 (I-287 North). Proceed as #1.
5) From Southern NJ via NJ Turnpike (I-95 North): To Exit 10. Follow signs for I-287 North. Proceed as #1.
6) From Eastern NJ and NYC/Lincoln/Holland Tunnel via NJ Turnpike (I-95 South): To Exit 14. After toll plaza, follow I-78 West to exit 48 (Rt. 24 West, Springfield/Morristown). Follow Rt. 24 West to exit 7A. Follow signs for Rt. 124 West/Chatham. Continue through Chatham and Madison (Main Street). Having passed through the center of Madison, bear left under the railroad trestle to the second traffic light. At the Lancaster Road traffic light., turn left into the Drew University campus.
7) By Train: NJ Transit’s Morristown Line (also known as the Dover Line and Midtown
Direct), provides service to Madison, including service to and from Hoboken, Newark
Broad Street and Penn Station. The Shakespeare Theatre is within a scenic and safe,
leisurely 15 minute walk from the Madison Train Station.
- When you depart from the train, use the short underpass to get to the other side of the train station. Turn so the station and tracks are on your right side. This will face you in the correct direction to walk up Kings Road.
- Walk on the right side of the road just below the train tracks until you hit the Bicycle Shop on your left. Cross over to the left side of the road at that point and continue up the hill past the traffic circle.
- You will now be on Madison Avenue (also Rt. 24). Kings Road segues into Madison Avenue. You will pass by two churches on your left. Just past the second church, you will see the first entrance to the Drew campus on your left. Pass by and continue up the hill to the main Drew entrance, which features a large stone arch.
- Enter campus through the arch and follow the road, bearing to the right. Pass by the building with the dome on your right and past the next two buildings on your right, and head for the large parking lot ahead.
- The Theatre borders that lot. Look for signs for the F.M. Kirby Shakespeare Theatre and take the path leading to the front of the building that faces the center of campus.
After 8:00 p.m., the Main Gates close. To return to the train after 8:00, use the Lancaster
Road gate, which also leads out of the parking lot and it will bring you to Madison Ave,
just a bit further up from where you entered. Head down the hill back down to the train
station. Trains departing from Madison to NYC are on the side you will hit as you come
down the hill (the opposite side from which you disembarked upon your arrival).
A walking map is below for your convenience. For rail schedules, call 1-800-626-RIDE or visit the NJ Transit website.